Respondus LockDown Browser and Monitor Training
From Jill Fisher
This is a sample content policy.
This training webinar is intended for instructors who plan to use LockDown Browser and/or Respondus Monitor with online exams.
LockDown Browser is a custom browser that prevents digital cheating during an online exam. Respondus Monitor is a companion application for LockDown Browser that deters cheating when students take online exams in non- proctored environments. Students use their own computers with a standard webcam to record assessment sessions.
The training covers:
- How to use LockDown Browser to prevent digital cheating in proctored testing environments
- How to use Respondus Monitor in non-proctored environments, to protect exam integrity and confirm student identity
- Both the student and instructor perspective will be shown using each application
- How to review of the proctoring data collected, including the Review Priority system, timeline, and milestone features
- Best practices and tips for success with both applications
Quick Start Guide for Instructors
Quick Start Guide for Students
Respondus Monitor: Understanding Proctoring Results
Note: Instructors must set up Quizzes in Canvas before using Lockdown Browser and Monitor. To learn more about quizzes, see the Quizzes Overview video for instructors or the Canvas Instructor Guide for FAQs in written format.