Why Bother About a Career When You are Having Fun?
From Joy Melgarejo
This is a sample content policy.
Why Bother About a Career When You Are Having Fun?
Friday, October 29th, 12:00 pm – 2:00 pm
Location: Daniels College of Business, University of Denver, Room 240
Description: A workshop targeted towards 1st year students to help them think through their interests, aspirations, and help them to begin their exploration and discovery journey. We want students to learn about the wealth of resources available here at Daniels College of Business.
Moderator: Charles Dhanaraj
- Reinforce the importance of career planning
- Reinforce the importance of readiness from your first year on campus
- Highlight the importance of career and industry exploration early on
- Introduce students to the wide variety of resources available to them on campus
- Charles Dhanaraj, Chair, Department of Management; Interim Faculty Director, Executive MBA, Evelyn & Jay Piccinati Endowed Chair; Professor
- Kristina Sanger, Financial Services, Ernst & Young
- Mark Isenburg, Assistant Director of Employment Relations, DU
- Sarat Mynampatti, Principal, KPMG
- Alysse Glasner, Moderator
Target audience: 1st year students
Schedule of event:
- 12:00 pm – 12:10 pm: Charles Dhanaraj
o (Welcome and introduction of speakers)
- 12:10 pm – 12:20 pm: Kristinia Sanger
o (Speaking on the importance of career planning)
- 12:20 pm – 12:30 pm: Mark Isenburg
o (Speaking on his role in how he can help students)
- 12:30 pm – 12:40 pm: Sarat Mynampatti
o (Speaking on TBD)
- 12:40 pm – 1:00 pm: Question and Answer portion
- 1:00 pm – 2:00 pm: Mentor Mingle